School Uniform & Equipment
School uniform will be an integral part of creating our new school culture.
We expect all students to wear full school uniform, both in school and on the journey to and from school. All items that are specific to the Orsett Heath uniform will be available from the end of March from our two uniform suppliers:
Snappy Schoolwear – https://www.snappyschoolwear.com
Uniformwise – https://www.uniformwise.co.uk
Our uniform expectations are as follows:
- School Blazer: With school badge.
- School Tie: With school badge.
- School Jumper (optional): With school badge.
- School Shirt: Plain, opaque white cotton or cotton/polyester, long or short sleeved. Conventional design to be worn with a tie. No revere collars and no polo shirts.
- School Trousers: Plain black, business-style trousers, full length. Trousers should not be denim, corduroy, brushed cotton, stretch material, ‘skinny’, chinos or ‘jeans style’.
- School Skirt: Plain black, no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Formal presentation, free flowing either straight or pleated. No lycra style skirts to be worn.
- Shoes: Black, conventional style shoes without heels and with black laces. No designer or trainer-style shoes to be worn, no Timberland boots or shoes, no shoes with logos, coloured piping, tags or laces.
- Tights: Plain black and opaque, 70/120 denier plus, must be worn with school skirts. Socks must not be worn with skirts.
- Socks: Black, dark grey, dark blue to be worn with trousers.
Further to this, please see the below:
- Jewellery: One small wristwatch may be worn but no other jewelry, this includes earrings.
- Watches must be removed during P.E. lessons.
- False nails: Are not permitted, whichever length, for Health and Safety purposes.
- False Eyelashes: Are not permitted.
- Hairstyles: Students’ hairstyles should complement school dress. Extreme styles and colours are not acceptable, hair should not be shaved or patterned.
Our P.E. kit expectations are:
- Shorts: Performance shorts with Orsett Heath badge available from one of our suppliers.
- P.E. Top: Short sleeve training top with Orsett Heath badge available from one of our suppliers.
- Training Shoes: To be used specifically for indoor P.E. should not be basketball style trainers of converse/fashion trainers. All should have laces.
- Socks: White sports socks or red football socks, also available from one of our suppliers.
- Performance sport leggings, training trousers, rain jackets and zip training tops are also optional. If you deem these items as necessary they must be purchased from one of our suppliers as they are branded products.
- We also strongly recommend that the student’s wear a gum shield for Rugby and Hockey, studded boots for Ruby and Football and shin pads for Football and Hockey.
Equipment for school:
All students are expected to provide the following essential equipment for their work in school:
- Pens with black ink only
- A 30cm ruler
- A rubber
- Pencil and pencil sharpener
- Scientific calculator
- PE kit, brought in on the appropriate day and taken home again