Admissions and Appeals
Information for Year 6 students starting Secondary School in September 2024
- Wednesday 4th October 2023 – OPEN EVENING for Year 6 students who are considering applying for a place for starting September 2024
- Monday 9th October 2023 – SPORTS APTITUDE application closing date. More information can be found below and in the Thurrock Admissions Information booklet.
- Tuesday 17th October 2023 – SPORTS APTITUDE testing commences. Appointments for some time during this week will be sent to all applicants.
- Friday 23rd October 2023 – SPORTS APTITUDE results are posted by 1st class post to home address of applicant
- Tuesday 31st October 2023 – CLOSING DATE for school applications via Thurrock Council
- Friday 1st March 2024 – OFFER DAY for September 2024 secondary school places
- Monday 4th March 2024 – APPEALS can be lodged if you are dissatisfied with the school your child has been allocated.
Admission Policy and Process
All parents who wish their children to attend our school must apply to Thurrock Council’s Admissions Department early in the year (a date is published) preceding the Academic Year that the child is due to be admitted into school. The Local Authority encourage applications to be made on the Thurrock Council Website: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/primary-school-admissions/applying-for-secondary-school-place.
Admissions during an academic year are called In-year admissions. Applications forms and further details about in-year admission should be made directly to the local authority here: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/in-year-admissions/applying-in-year
Admissions to our school are in line with Thurrock Admission arrangements as set out in our admissions policy.
Please note: Orsett Heath Academy have increased their PAN to 240 for the academic year 2024-25
Sports Aptitude Admission 2024
The school admits up to 24 students (10%) each year on sports aptitude. If you wish to apply via this route please note any closing dates for applications. You MUST complete both the Local Authority application form AND the school application form
The form can be found HERE
Should you not be successful in securing a place at Orsett Heath Academy for your child(ren), you have the right of appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel. For further details regarding the appeals process, or to request an Appeal Pack, please contact, Mrs Oxland after the 1st March 2024 (for September 2024 admissions only) in year appeals can be made at any time. Appeals forms can be obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01375 486 000. Alternatively you may wish to download an appeal form by clicking the link below.
An appeal form can be downloaded here. Click HERE
Information on appeal dates will appear here by the 28th February 2024.
Orsett Heath Academy (OHA) will not be taking a year 7 intake for September 2023.
This ‘gap year’ will apply to September 2023 cohort only. The school expects to accept a full cohort (240) for September 2024.
It has become clear over the summer that whilst work at the main OHA school site is underway, the main school is unlikely to be fully ready for September 2023. There is not capacity to accept a new year 7 intake for 2023 at the interim site, even for a short period of time.
The delays with main site are beyond the control of SWECET or the Local Authority and whilst disappointing, the priority must be to ensure the excellent educational provision in place for current pupils is not compromised.
OHA Oversubscription Criteria 2023 (in-year admissions only)
Click HERE for details of the Admissions Consultation for admissions in 2025