Admissions and Appeals
To apply for a place, please visit the ‘Apply for a Place’ section of the website.
Applications for the 2021 intake will be dealt with by Thurrock Council and you should apply through them once the applications process starts.
Thurrock’s Admission Information booklet will be available soon on their website and we will post a link below once it is published by Thurrock Council
Sports Aptitude Admission
The school admits up to 12 students (10%) each year on sports aptitude. If you wish to apply via this route, please note the details below:
- You must complete both the Local Authority application form and the school application form
- The school form must be returned to the school by 12th October 2020
- Application forms are available to download from the website – see link below – or by contacting the school
- Sports Aptitude testing begins the week beginning 19th October 2020
- Results will be posted home during half-term and will be with parents before the Local Authority Application deadline
Notification of a school place & Appeals
National offer day is the 1st March 2021. Parents will be informed of their school place on this date.
Should you not be successful in securing a place at Orsett Heath Academy for your child(ren), you have the right of appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel. For further details regarding the appeals process, or to request an Appeal Pack, please contact Mrs Oxland (after the 1st March 2021) by emailing: email@example.com or by telephoning 01375 486 000. Alternatively, you may wish to download an appeal form by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
12th October 2020 – Sports Aptitude Application Deadline
19th October 2020 – Week commencing for Sports Aptitude Testing
28th October 2020 – Sports Aptitude Results posted home before the Thurrock Application deadline
31st October 2020 – Thurrock Admissions Deadline
1st March 2021 – Outcome of applications notified by Thurrock Council