We firmly support the adage that ‘your school days are meant to be the best of your life’. Consequently, we offer a vast range of enrichment activities above and beyond the normal curriculum. These include, but are not limited to:
- Duke of Edinburgh Award. The Award is offered to all students in Year 9 (Bronze Level) and Year 10 (Silver Level).
- Trips and visits. In recent years pupils have visited Paris with French and been skiing in the Alps. We have upcoming trips to New York with Music and the Performing Arts departments, and the to Ardèche as a joint French and Geography trip.
- Higher Education visits. Pupils visit a number of universities during their time at Orsett Heath Academy.
- A vast range of extra-curricular clubs (sport). The PE department run a large number of before and after school clubs including the rugby academy on Fridays.
- A vast range of extra-curricular clubs (wider curriculum). Most subject areas offer after school or lunchtime clubs.
- Pupil leadership opportunities – these are many and varied across the school.
- Volunteering within school and the local community – All Yr 9’s take part in one of these projects throughout the year, in line with the DofE Bronze Award.