The core aim of homework at Orsett Heath Academy is to embed and extend work covered in class or prepare for new learning activities.
What is our rationale behind our homework policy?
- To develop research and presentation skills.
- To allow an opportunity for independent work and take responsibility for learning.
- To enhance study skills e.g. planning, time management and self-discipline.
- To promote personal and independent research and learning.
How much homework will students receive?
Homework per subject areas will be set on the weeks outlined in the Homework Calendar.
All homework will be given at least 1 week to complete, unless stated otherwise.
Independent revision may also be set in the lead up to End of Term assessments.
What feedback will parents/carers receive about homework?
- Homework will be marked and assessed. Feedback will be provided to the students after each piece of work.
- High quality homework and a good work ethos will also be praised in class.
- Non-completion of homework will be sanctioned in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
What support will be provided for homework?
- All homework will be set on Google Classroom, with due dates clear for students and parents/carers to see.
- Homework Club will run after school on a Thursday for any student to attend if they wish to access more support with their homework.
- Maths Support will also after school on a Tuesday for specific Maths homework support.
- Homework should be appropriately differentiated for the students’ ability and circumstances.
- Training with students around time management and other study skills will be completed in PSHE lessons in Autumn 1. This will also be placed on Google Classroom for students to refer back to.
- An OHA Weekly Planner has been created which students can use to plan their time effectively during the week to keep on top of homework and other commitments – Click HERE to view