The purpose of Orsett Heath Academy’s approach to SEN is to raise the aspirations of and expectations for all pupils with SEN and / or disability so that all pupils can enjoy school and achieve their full potential. SEND provision is not simply providing hours of support in lessons, but a much wider approach that encompasses personalised IAG, access arrangements, emotional and social skills support, an understanding for young people of any diagnoses they may have, personalised resources, programmes of study and pathways as appropriate, and close monitoring and supervision.
- to identify and provide appropriate support for pupils who have special educational needs and additional needs;
- to work within the guidance provided by the SEND Code of Practice 2015;
- to operate an ‘assess, plan, do, review’ approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs, within a ‘whole pupil, whole school’ ethos;
- to provide a SENCo who will manage and develop the provision for SEND pupils;
- to provide support and advice for all staff working with special educational needs pupils.
To view our SEND Policy 2020 – Please click HERE
To view our SEND Local Offer Information 2020 – Please click HERE
To view our Accessibility Plan 2020 – Please click HERE