In RE students are given a wider understanding of the beliefs, diversity and moral values of others. RE approaches current issues that you may hear about in the media and want to gain a further understanding of. You will have the chance to communicate with others and give your opinion in a respectful way
Purpose of the RE Curriculum:
- To provoke challenging questions about the meaning and purpose of life, beliefs, the self, issues of right and wrong, and what it means to be human.
- To develop students’ knowledge and understanding of principle religions, fostering personal reflection and spiritual development
- To encourages students to explore their own beliefs (whether they are religious or non-religious), in the light of what they learn, as they examine issues of religious belief and faith
- To enable students to build their sense of identity and belonging, which helps them flourish within communities and as citizens in a diverse society
- To teach students to develop respect for others, including people with different faiths and beliefs, and helps to challenge prejudice
- To prompt students to consider their responsibilities to themselves and others, and to explore how they might contribute to their communities and to wider society.
To view the RE Curriculum Journey – Click HERE